Well, as you might notice, I’ve dedicated a little photoshop time to my blog. I’m not 100% happy with it yet, but it’s getting better. I especially like how it appears as though I’ve spilled coffee all over the screen – very appropriate for my house :)
If anyone knows how to make my header image a link, let me know. The problem is that it’s a background image on my style sheet. If it was placed there as part of the HTML, I’d know how to make it a link, but since it’s a background style for the header container, my CSS skills don’t quite know how to deal with that.
I removed the php text that was there (blog title and description) because I wanted to use a cuter font, but it was that text that provided the link home. Any suggestions, web smarties?
- Fonts are from Stampin’ Up!’s Write Me a Memory CD.
- My head is from iStockPhoto, and I added the glasses in Illustrator. Because I need them to see, of course.
- Book background is stolen off of some book site – can’t remember, but it’s one where you list all the books you’re reading. I stopped going to it because it’s enough work to list all those books here, and I’m waaay behind.
- Textured background (diagonal stripes) I made in Photoshop by creating a pattern, then applying the pattern with very little opacity. There are a lot of tutorials online to do this.
- Cute little turtle is from the best icon-trading site ever, IconBuffet.
- And of course, big props to Solostream Webstudio for the free Bosco 2.0 Wordpres theme. I hope they don’t mind my mods.