Allison tagged me to do this, and I hope I can hold up my end of the bargain.
The Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. I have held many jobs – the most interesting of which were a blackjack dealer, the receiving clerk at an adult megastore, and a dog and cat washer. The list goes on and on, but I’ll stop there.
2. I was on my University’s dance team all four years of college. That’s right, I used to look pretty good in spandex and sequins, and of course, bright red lipstick.
3. I was voted Most Spirited at my high school – a name that still fits me, although, I’m far away from all my teams.
4. I dated the same boy on and off for 8 years, broke up with him, and married my husband a couple months later.
5. I am the first female in my family to serve in the miltary, although every generation all the way back to the Revolutionary War has had at least one or two people in the military.
6. I am a HUGE band geek. I love to watch marching bands, drum and bugle corps, and especially military fancy rifle demonstrations. If you ever get a chance to see the Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps, do not miss it. They are awesome.
7. I’m related to Elvis, Georgia O’Keefe, Amelia Earhart and lots of other cool people according to ancestry.com where I’ve been diligently building my family tree. It goes all the way back to the Mayflower on one side, where my ancestor Stephen Hopkins was a signer of the Mayflower Compact. I think genealogy is cool.
Who I tag:
- Linshaolin at Breakdown in the Fastlane
- Debbie at Uncommon Notions
- Book Mama
- Mother Reader
- Lynne at Shine Jewelry
- Esperance at My Many Thoughts
Okay – tag, you’re it!